Tuesday, October 26, 2010

What I Remember

I remember...
the yellow roses at their wedding
a hearty laugh
and chipper smile.

I remember
watching him shoe horses
and learning to drive.
he blared "Danger Zone"
from Top Gun as he
drove me to the fair in his semi.

I remember
him teaching me to drive Katie
going to Blackfoot Fair with him.
learning the comradery that exists
in the draft horse world.
he helped his competition.

I remember
a hug shared
a chin up given
which sometimes turn into him
kicking me in the butt and telling me to
get it together.

I remember
him touching so many lives
always razzing always joking.
staying with him and my aunt
after they got married.

I remember
helping with the horses at
Lone Mountain Ranch.

I remember loving my Uncle Rusty.
The Lord gained an awfully good Horseman
with an amazing laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment